Hey there beauties, time for another post this week which I am so excited to share with all of you! I’m here today to talk about the newest make-up brand here in the Philippines *throws gold confetti everywhere* Sunnies Face!
Well-loved Filipino brand Sunnies, which created Sunnies Studios, Sunnies Specs, Sunnies Café & Sunnies Specs Kids has officially ventured into the make-up/beauty scene. Last August, they’ve launched their newest baby called Sunnies Face— a week prior to it’s launched everyone was buzzing. That includes me of course, because I have been a fan for so many years! ❤️
The first beauty product that Sunnies Face had launch are called the Fluffmattes which are lipsticks & they’ve launched 9 beautiful shades to choose from which they claim to be “universally flattering” and suits all skin tones! Here’s a short description of it from their website:
“Fluffmatte is a weightless modern matte lipstick formulated with silk-structure technology to give you that second skin feel. Each shade is designed to be universally flattering and easy to apply with one quick swipe.”
All Fluffmattes retails at 345 pesos each and you get 3.2 grams in each bullet. I have been dying to get my hands on the Fluffmattes since it’s launch and I’ve waited months to buy them! I’ve only chose my top 3 favorites out of all the 9 shades: Major (most perfect cool red) Milkshake (warm pink nude) & Vacay (peachy papaya) now, I’m going to show you guys the swatches that I made of my favourite shades!
Now, I’ve worn every shade on several occasions, feel free to have a look!
My personal favourite, Major ❤️ I’m a huge fan of red lipsticks because it suits me a lot. I have never loved a red lippie as much as I love Major, it’s a game changer and I love how beautifully red it is. It’s the kind of red that is so classy and I honestly think that it’s something Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn would wear!
Me wearing Vacay— I never thought I’d love this shade as well. I always thought peachy shades/tones like this would never suit me but hell, I am slayin’ this one! I love how warm it looks on me, it feels like I’m going on a beach trip when I have this one on.
Last is the milkshake. I’m also a fan of pink lipsticks and this lipstick is by far has the best nudish pink in it! What I really dig about milkshake is how it gives me this girl next door look, like a sweet girl vibe that sort of thing. Also, it’s not the kind of pink that is intimidating! It’s such a sweet pink shade!
OVERALL VERDICT FOR THE FLUFFMATTES
– I love how sleek and minimalist the packaging is, it’s very well thought out. Don’t even get me started with the face illustration on the box. The bullet itself feels heavy and expensive, it’s also dirt proof. Note that the ones that I have is the holiday edition, the original packaging is in a cream/beige like tube.
– it’s paraben free and cruelty-free, so check!
– it’s super soft & pigmented, it really gives you that “your lips are better” look
– it’s matte but not a drying one, lightweight, feels likes velvety butter on the lips.
– I love how they’re multi-stick! You can use it as an eyeshadow and blush.I personally love wearing Major and Vacay all over my face!
– they’re available on all online outlets: Lazada, Shopee, Zalora & Beauty MNL.
– they sold out pretty much all the freaking time, cos again.. the hype is real!
– staying power is poor. Although they never promised that the Fluffmattes would stay for a long period of time, but I can guarantee you that it will last for about 2-3 hours without eating and drinking!
Moving on to my newest favorite beauty product, also from Sunnies Face— the Glowboss! Glowboss was launched just last week and it got me so excited because I knew there’s definitely more make up coming right in from Sunnies Face; here’s the description of their latest product:
“Glowboss is a multipurpose shimmer stick with a unique cream-to-powder formula that suits all skin types and climates.
It’s sheer shimmer can give you a subtle glow during the day or some extra glam at night. It comes in three ﬂattering colors that bring warmth to the skin.
Foolproof and easy to apply on-the-go, Glowboss was made for every day—for daytime, nighttime, all the time.”
Unlike the Fluffmattes that has 9 shades to choose from, the Glowboss only has three shades namely: Hey, Girl (a pearly champagne shade) Femme (the peachy coral with gold flecks) and last is the Mamacita (a golden bronze) The Glowboss retails at 445 each.
Out of all the 3 shades, I only purchased the Mamacita. Because I am really drawn to golden bronze tones because they give me that sun-kissed look which I totally love!
Voila! Your very own golden goddess! I know you can’t really make out that golden bronze shade on my face because I didn’t put too much of the Mamacita. I love how this one looks subtle and yet it really gives you that glassy/dewy glow.
OVERALL VERDICT FOR THE GLOWBOSS
– I love the packaging of course, it’s straightforward and the product’s tagline: “you dew you” is just so witty!
– It looks so natural, as if you didn’t put anything on your face; also, I love how it compliments my skin type. I have an oily + combination skin, I thought this isn’t for me but it just exceeded my expectations for a highlighter/shimmer stick.
– it gives you that IT Girl vibe and model on the go glow!
– not tacky, it’s blendable and buildable!
– easy to apply, doesn’t smudge your make up and it’s not a blinding kind of highlighter which is I TOTALLY FREAKIN LOVE!
– versatile like the Fluffmattes, the Glowboss Trio can also be used as a blush (I heard Femme is perfect for that!) and can be used as an eyeshadow too, I’ve been using Mamacita on my lids and it looks amazing! ❤️
– if you’re an excessive user of shimmer sticks/highlighters, this product is not for you because if you apply too much and go overboard with this product, it doesn’t look dewy anymore and people would be able to tell that you’ve got some kind of glitters/specks all over your face.
– the hype is real with this one too! It’s sold out on all online outlets except on Beauty MNL.
Alright, you lovelies I know that was pretty long! I wanted to do an honest and thorough review about these products because everyone as in literally everyone is hyping them! A lot of beauty vloggers/bloggers, influencers, models are talking about them, they have been featured in several beauty magazines and loads of people are using them so that’s that. I hope this review had helped you out if ever you’re going to purchase the Fluffmatte or the Glowboss or even both!
WHERE TO BUY
Sunnies Face Stores at Glorietta 1, U.P. Town Center & SM Megamall Beauty Section (near Watson’s)
Do you like Sunnies Face? What are your thoughts about these products? Do you own any of these, too? Let me know on the comments below!
Tons of love,
*This is not a sponsored post, I’ve bought these products online and at Sunnies Face myself and all opinions are my own*